Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pink Ribbon...


It's all coming back to me now. The feelings around my dad, the illness and all the insecurity that comes with not knowing. Even though I have to say that I don't believe somethings wrong before it's on paper.

Yesterday I watched Oprah, yes I do that sometimes. And it was about breast cancer. The one whom survived it and the history around how the pink ribbon came to life. Just push the headline, there's a link.

Why I write about this today is that I'm having my biopsy tonight at 6pm, in my armpit. Because I found a lump about a month ago, I went to my doctor. Who sent me to mammography, that ended up with an ultrasound the same day and then the doctor asked me if I could come back for a biopsy the next week. All the thoughts that went trough in my head then. I know there's nothing to worry about, but I just lost my dad to cancer so like human nature it's natural to react on this. When I was done with my mammography and ultrasound I called my mom and freaked out for few minutes before I came back to myself. Then I went around a week with not thinking about this. So yesterday when I saw this on Oprah it shook my bones! And my thoughts begin to wander again.
But I've got all odds with me, because I'm young and it's probably just a gland. And I met a lot of young survivors from cancer.

So until tonight I'm sitting here with my cold and wait for Lena to come home. She's coming with me and I'm thankful! This is one of these things I'm glad for having someone with me on. Otherwise I'm an independent woman!



Copyright © 2009 Lady AhY

No comments:

Post a Comment