Thursday, September 18, 2008

Heritage

Where do I come from? You might know where you come from, but this is not a given.

As i keep wondering about this. It is starting to annoy me a little. I have all these questions, but no one to ask them to.
Here is the story so far: My Korean name is Kim, Hwa Yoo and I am adopted from South Korea. Came to Norway when i was almost 3,5 years old. From the first two years of my life there is no knowledge of where I spent my life. It says in my papers that I was found in Busan. That is the second largest city in South Korea. I would love to know more about where i come from and what my genes are!
I keep wondering about if I have more siblings out here. Or is it just me?

Of course I have my family here in Norway. And I have a sister who is adopted from South Korea as well. But she is satisfied with being "Norwegian". Me on the other hand is not. I don not feel Norwegian even though I speak fluent Norwegian and have a Norwegian passport. I do not feel home in this culture. But I do adapt like i always do. I found out over the years that that is something I am really good at actually. So I live my life to the fullest and try not to miss out on anything I want to do. Living for the moment and not thinking about the consequences at all times. As I come back to this I really want to have my own family, start my own tree! This is something that is in my heart! And my family values are high. I will do anything for my family. And as things are now my mind is with my mom, little sister, little brother and father. I wish there was something I could do or say. But I can only be here, trying to get to know them better. Keeping things as "normal"as can be and spreading my optimistic nature.
I love all my family so much that it is hard for me seeing them like this! We all struggle in our own way...


Copyright © 2008 Lady Ahy

No comments:

Post a Comment